Welcome to Academies for Social Entrepreneurship
ASE creates training and mentoring programs for sustainable, mission-based businesses. ASE plays the roll of convener and catalyst, connecting the organizations and people needed to create, grow and celebrate social enterprises.
“As a non-profit, people have a misconception that we shouldn’t be making money. This Academy taught me that we need to operate like a for-profit in order to be sustainable.”
Our core program, the Social Enterprise Academy, is a multi-month program that helps not-for-profit organizations diversify revenue sources and become more sustainable. An Academy consists of a series of workshops, a venture competition and mentoring during which the organizations develop and launch a ‘social enterprise’, or a business that generates revenue as well as provides a social or environmental good.
Thanks to our Sponsors/LEAD PARTNERS
- ASE is pleased to be partnering with the Delhi Center of Santa Ana to produce the 2013-2014 Orange County Social Enterprise Academy. Many thanks to the Annenberg Foundation for being our first funder for this important collaboration.
- UCLA’s Dept of Economics is continuing its commitment to blending community service and education by hosting a second Social Enterprise Academy. Approximately ten start up social enterprises will be the beneficiaries of extensive training, mentoring and funding opportunities.
- Funding from The California Endowment enabled nearly two dozen organizations to participate in Social Enterprise Academies and many more to benefit from educational programs focusing on the power of social entrepreneurship in building healthy communities.
- ASE acknowledges Wells Fargo Bank for their multi-year support of our Orange County programming.
- Thanks to REDF (also known as The Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) for their partnership and financial support in supporting ventures that create jobs and employment opportunities for people facing the greatest barriers to work.