Welcome to Academies for Social Entrepreneurship
Academies for Social Entrepreneurship (ASE) helps develop innovative solutions to social problems by providing training and mentoring for social entrepreneurs. ASE is the convener and catalyst, focusing on equipping entrepreneurs with the resources they need to create and sustain high-performing social enterprises.
Social Enterprise Academies
Our core program, the Social Enterprise Academy, empowers participants to develop and launch a social enterprise: a for-profit business that helps to solve a social or environmental problem. The program, which consists of a series of workshops, mentoring and a venture capital competition, has been especially effective with leaders of nonprofit organizations who want to diversify their revenue sources.
To read graduate testimonials and an evaluation study of three separate Academy programs, CLICK HERE. The progress reports clearly demonstrated our model is fulfilling its 3 core objectives:
DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT
Apply here for the 2016-2017 UCLA Social Enterprise Academy -especially for nonprofit organizations that want to start their own social enterprise
2016 MakeChange Awards
The 2nd Annual MakeChange Awards in Los Angeles recognizes companies and organizations creating the most impact for a better Los Angeles.
The awards will recognize both non-profit and for-profit sectors based in Los Angeles that create the most positive impact.
Thu, December 1, 2016, 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM (PST)
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA, United States
For more details and to sign up...
RESERVE A TICKET HERE
So You Want to Be An Entrepreneur?
ASE continues to work with CIELO, a center for micro-enterprise and sustainable small business development offering technical assistance, micro-loans, work force development and incubator space. CIELO is based at Golden West College, where a certificate program in entrepreneurship is being developed to support students entering the "gig" economy as well as OC residents starting new businesses. Learn more at http:/cielocommunity.org/
Thanks to Our Sponsors & Lead Partners
- Social & Environmental Entrepreneurs, our fiscal sponsor, was instrumental in our developing a new Academy for use with a global cohort of organizations that are working on sustainable fisheries. This Academy was funded by the David & Lucile Packard Foundation.
- The California Community Foundation, Pacific Western Bank, Goodwill of Orange County and the Southern California Slow Money Network joined with lead presenter Saddleback College to sponsor the Southern California Social Entrepreneurship Venture Challenge (SocEnt Challenge).
- With key support from the Nicholas Endowment and the Simon Foundation, UCLA’s Department of Economics is continuing its commitment to experiential learning for its students by underwriting annual Social Enterprise Academies.
- Academies for Social Entrepreneurship is pleased to have partnered with the Delhi Center of Santa Ana to produce the 2013-2014 Orange County Social Enterprise Academy. Many thanks to the Annenberg Foundation for being our lead funder for this important collaboration and for a second grant to support the Soc Ent Challenge.
- A general operating support grant from the Orange County Community Foundation Next Gen donors circle enabled us to expand our outreach efforts with website improvements and a series of media placements.
- Funding from The California Endowment enabled nearly two dozen organizations to participate in Social Enterprise Academies and many more to benefit from educational programs focusing on the power of social entrepreneurship in building healthy communities.
- ASE acknowledges Wells Fargo Bank for their multi-year support of our Orange County programming.
- Thanks to REDF (also known as The Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) for their partnership and financial support in supporting an Academy and other programs focused on social enterprises that create jobs and employment opportunities.